Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Debit Card Ditch Column

The article: Smartmoney Ditch Debit Card - Bank of America is a headache waiting to happen but then again, so is Visa for the most part. I placed an order for furniture online (several thousand dollars worth) and the company, Elliot's of Rancho Dominguez California, was running a few months behind schedule and thought it best to lie about production and delivery date. The only way that I could get a message through to them was to call, blocking my number, email with a secondary address or use their online chat feature with a fictitious handle. After about a month of non-sense I decided to try and file a claim and get my money back. Having unfortunately used a Bank of America debit card with a Visa logo on it, I'd call one company and they would tell me to call the other. B of A claimed not to be able to do anything but so did Visa. Luckily for everyone, my order was eventually filled (2 months late with no excuse or apology, nothing.) Right when I was about to contact "The Boy in The Grey Box." The only one that could have and would have fix that situation. I say NAY to debit cards.
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/113596/time-ditch-debit-card-smartmoney?mod=bb-checking_savings

No comments:

Post a Comment